Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Passport to the Paranormal, by Rich Newman

Passport to the Paranormal: Your Guide to Haunted Spots in AmericaPassport to the Paranormal: Your Guide to Haunted Spots in America by Rich Newman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

This was a fast, fun read. I love reading about haunted places, and the history of a place. Why the place is supposed to be haunted is almost more interesting to me than the actual ghost story. Yes, I am a history nerd. It was interesting to read about what the author obviously considers the top haunted spots in each state.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was the description of the TV program the author was filming when he had some of his personal experiences. The idea of putting an unwitting person in a haunted location and filming them, without telling them, just doesn't sit well with me. Seems like typical shock TV and and makes me question the author's motives.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment