Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Slashing Through the Snow, by Jacqueline Frost

Slashing Through the Snow (Christmas Tree Farm Mystery, #3)

Slashing Through the Snow by Jacqueline Frost 

My rating: 1 of 5 stars, I didn't care for it.

Book 3 in the series.

I'm not sure what happened to the main character after the first book, but I wanted to slap Holly multiple times. She was too stupid to live way too often in this book, and I get really tired of books where the amateur sleuth completely ignores their day job to nose around. And in this case, it's a brand new business and Holly is supposedly worried about a bad review from the person who ends up the murder victim. Honey, you need to be worrying about all your guests, because you're a terrible innkeeper!

This book just didn't sit well with me. And I don't understand why Holly's boyfriend, Sheriff Evan, puts up with her. She's turned into a nosy old biddy, and was truly insufferable.

I don't think I will read anymore in the series, if there are anymore to come.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment