Friday, January 7, 2022

Crimes and Covers, by Amanda Flower

Crimes and Covers (Magical Bookshop, #5)

Crimes and Covers by Amanda Flower 

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was just okay.

Book 5 and the final book in the series.

I've read every book in this series and enjoyed them. But this one, let's just say the series went out with a whimper instead of a bang.

I found it to be super repetitive and strangely stilted. It also didn't help that my personal opinion of Thoreau is that he'd never have really survived in solitude, since everything was done for him by family members and he was really a weanie, haha.

The plot seemed to plod along, with way too much wedding minutia and not enough mystery. In fact, for once, I picked out the killer right away. And darn it, I'd have liked to have seen more of Emerson and Faulkner! I adore the cat and crow.

All in all, it was a disappointing end to a series I loved.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment