Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Elements of a Haunting, by Brandon Alvis and Mustafa Gatollari

Elements of a Haunting: Connecting History with Science to Uncover the Greatest Ghost Stories Ever Told

Elements of a Haunting: Connecting History with Science to Uncover the Greatest Ghost Stories Ever Told by Brandon Alvis 

My rating: 1 of 5 stars, did not finish.

I love ghost stories. Books, TV shows, you name it, I consume it. Unfortunately, I decided a long time ago that I didn't trust Grant Wilson and by proxy, I didn't really trust his new team of Ghost Hunters. What few episodes I did watch, I didn't really care for any of the team, and now in their book, they come off as annoying and none of their "greatest ghost stories," are really all that great.

Also, might I suggest hiring someone who actually writes for a living to write anything else for you? Rambling sentences, cliches, and some really poor phrasing just annoyed the crud out of me.

I couldn't make myself finish it.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment