Monday, February 21, 2022

Batter Off Dead, by Maddie Day

Batter Off Dead (A Country Store Mystery #10)

Batter Off Dead by Maddie Day 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 10 in the series.

I've enjoyed this series all along, but lately Buck's way of speaking has just been bugging me. I get that it's the local Hoosier patois, but why only Buck? Is it deliberately meant to make him look like a hayseed, and therefore lesser at his job so he needs Robbie's help? It really pulls me out of the story, which is too bad.

The mystery was interesting, and I did like that in the end they were able to solve a cold case, too, and give Buck and his dad some closure. It was an entertaining, fast read for me. As always, it was nice to visit South Lick and I look forward to more in the future.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment