Sunday, February 20, 2022

Murder on an Irish Farm, by Carlene O'Connor

Murder on an Irish Farm (Irish Village Mystery, #8)

Murder on an Irish Farm by Carlene O'Connor 

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay, but....

Book 8 in the series.

This series has been rather hit or miss for me. This one was good, but right off the bat I had a major issue. You're standing at the altar, all fancied up and ready to say your wedding vows, having spent a load of money, and you suddenly decide to postpone everything to go to a crime scene?! Because that body that has been there for years was going somewhere, so you couldn't take a few minutes to say your vows? I call BS. That's some serious devotion to your job!

After I got past that, I mostly enjoyed the book, but honestly, I am still annoyed about that bit, and it's been months since I read it. I put the book down for weeks before I finally went back to finish, and almost didn't go back at all.

I'm glad they finally got hitched, (there's been so much drama in their relationship!), but really the way the author went about it nearly spoiled the whole series for me, and I am not sure if I will continue to read her books, I'm still that salty about it.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment