Monday, February 7, 2022

Live, Local, and Dead, by Nikki Knight

Live, Local, and Dead (Vermont Radio Mystery #1)

Live, Local, and Dead by Nikki Knight 

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book 1 in the series.

This was a strong debut for the series. I really enjoyed most of the characters, and the plot. The main character seemed like a smart, strong, likeable person who cared a lot about her family, her job and her town. Unlike a lot of cozies mysteries, she didn't leave her job to someone else and go haring off, sticking her nose in dangerous situations, which made me like the book all the more!

The only bit that annoyed me was the hand feeding candy to a wild moose. I live in CO, we have all sorts of wildlife. Wild animals are WILD, and experience has shown me that humans are stupid. They don't need encouragement to do dumb things to wild animals. Moose are amazing animals best enjoyed from a distance, just like all wildlife.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the book and look forward to more in the series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment