Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Vanishing Type, by Ellery Adams

The Vanishing Type (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #5)

The Vanishing Type by Ellery Adams 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 5 in the series.

This has been a favorite series for me, but this is definitely not my favorite in the series. It felt a bit light and fluffy, despite the subject matter, and way too predictable. I do like the fact that Nora and the sheriff are getting closer, but I guess I felt with the Hester/Andrew relationship ups and downs that the whole book feels a bit romance-y with a side of obvious mystery. I like reading romance, too, but when I grab a mystery, if there's a romantic relationship, it should be the side element, not the main feature.

I do hope the series continues, because I truly do love the characters.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment