Monday, September 5, 2022

Lizzie Blake's Best Mistake, by Mazey Eddings

Lizzie Blake's Best Mistake

Lizzie Blake's Best Mistake by Mazey Eddings 

My rating: 1 of 5 stars, DNF.

The premise sounded cute, but the book itself just wasn't for me. I didn't like Lizzie, at all. I know people with ADHD, and yes, it sucks, but Lizzie uses it as an excuse for EVERYTHING instead of trying to do something, anything about it. Yes, it's exhausting, but you still have to take responsibility for your actions instead of just passing it off as, "Oops, I have ADHD."

And in the wake of the Roe v Wade reversal, Rake's attitude feels icky and the whole, "Lizzie is the good girl who chose to keep her baby vs. the Evil Ex who had an abortion," really didn't sit well. STOP SHAMING WOMEN FOR MAKING THEIR OWN CHOICES!

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment