Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More books

I've been reading several of these at a time, lol. Several contain novellas, which make them good reads for work and just plain quick. Most of my choices this week were just okay. Nothing special, which is likely why I switched around a lot on them this week. Anyhoo, here's my list:
  1. Never Been Witched / Annette Blair
    I love Annette Blair's witches, but this is my least favorite of the Triplets trilogy. I honestly didn't like the characters much. But the book had a very open ending, so perhaps we will see more of all the sisters?

  2. Furies of Calderon / Jim Butcher.
    I didn't like this as much as I like the Dresden books, but an interesting read none the less. I've picked up the next several books in the series.

  3. Before I Wake/ Kathryn Smith.
    A first in the series book again. It was ok. I'm hoping things get better as she goes

  4. Ultra Violet / Nancy Bush.
    Again, an ok book. Nothing special.

  5. Free-range knitter / Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
    It's the Harlot. She makes me laugh. What else do I need to say?

  6. I'm Your Santa / Karen Kelley, Dianne Castell
    Very light and fluffy short romances.

  7. Murder on the Rocks / Karen MacInerney.
    A good first outing for the series. I am waiting impatiently for the arrival of book 2 from our loan program at the library.

  8. Irish Magic / Roberta Gellis et al.
    Light and fluffy and short romances again. Nothing stood out.

  9. The Reinvented Miss Bluebeard / Minda Webber.
    This book made me laugh. I like Ms. Webber's take on the old fairy tale world, lol. I'd previously read The Daughter's Grimm and laughed out loud.

  10. Accessory to Murder / Elaine Viets.
    I think it must be my mood this week, because this book just didn't do a lot for me. I wanted to smack the main character's best friend for constantly parroting her husband and for generally being a fool. Really, the one character was enough to make me lose interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment