Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Help me out here!

The last several books I've read have been major disappointments, from Nora Robert's The Search (boring) to Carrie Vaughn's Discord's Apple (good, but too complex for what I wanted/ needed to be reading right now, I had to really pay attention because there's a lot of switching back and forth from world to world. Sadly, when I get off work I just want an easy read, something to melt into without a lot of effort. Discord's not that kind of book. Would have been a better book to read over the weekend when I had more time to keep things straight.)

Vaughn's newest Kitty Norville book was good, but not my favorite in the series. The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory was so-so, better than the much hyped Other Boleyn Girl, but not by much.

So what's a girl to read?

There are some books coming out next year that I am waiting for:
  • River Marked, the next Mercy Thompson book. I'm hoping for more of Samuel, we'll see. Jan. 25, 2011

  • Blackveil, Book 4 in the Green Rider series, a loooooong awaited book by Kristen Britain. Feb. 1, 2011

  • Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop. A Black Jewels book, yay! March 1, 2011.

And of course we have the pre-holiday book season coming up:
  • Intrigues: Book Two of the Collegium Chronicles. Yay, another Valdemar book by Mercedes Lackey! Oct.5, 2010.

  • A Holiday Yarn: A Seaside Knitters Mystery, Sally Goldenbaum. Nov. 2, 2010

  • Double Knit Murders, Maggie Sefton. Nov. 2, 2010

  • Happy Ever After, Nora Roberts. Nov. 2, 2010

  • Indulgence in Death, J.D. Robb. Nov. 2, 2010

  • The Other Side, J.D. Robb, et al. Nov. 30, 2010 (Busy, busy month for Nora!)

And several more I am wanting to read.

But what about NOW?? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment