Friday, August 20, 2010

Undead and Unfinished

by MaryJanice Davidson.

If I rated this book, it would get something along the lines of 3 out of 5, with 1 being bad, 5 being good and a three being so-so. I'm very ambivalent about this book.
The bad: It was short, the first portion rehashed a lot of the previous books and don't get me started on the epilogue!

The good: I like finding out some of the back-story on Sinclair and Tina, I liked that Besty and Laura did some good things.

Hrmm. So maybe I lean a little more toward the bad side of things. I get where MJD is going with this, it's time travel and Betsy gets a glimpse of a not so great future and has to try and change it. So that's the hook, read the next book and see if Betsy can change things or if things are destined to get ugly.

But that's also part of the problem. Because time is fluid and things can change depending on the kind of decisions we make who's to say that even if Betsy does change the future for the better (and they go there to prove it) that one small stupid mistake (and Betsy is the Queen of more than just the vamps, she's the queen of acting before she thinks...) wouldn't change things right back or make things even worse?? I don't know, slippery slope you're negotiating, MJD....

Again, I recommend getting this book from your library or waiting for the paperback. It's definitely not the best in the series and may even have a tendency to alienate the reader (that damned epilogue!).

No comments:

Post a Comment