Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Sweet Potato Queens'

1st Big-Ass Novel.

I have to say, this wouldn't have been on my usual reading list. I was wandering through the library and the title caught my eye. It was quirky enough to make me pick the book up and read the blurb on the jacket. On to my stack of books to take home it went.

I started reading Nora Roberts' The Search when I got home. By mid-afternoon I had put it down and picked up the queens. I stayed up until 1 AM to finish it.

The characters all matched the title, quirky and fun. It was a story of friendships and life. It was a light, fun read (if you're looking for something deep, look elsewhere).

I shall be searching out more books by Jill Conner Browne.

And maybe now I can go back and finish The Search...

No comments:

Post a Comment