Friday, November 11, 2016

Haunted Is Always in Fashion, by Rose Pressey

Haunted Is Always in FashionHaunted Is Always in Fashion by Rose Pressey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, It was ok.

Book 4 in the series.

Quick read with nice characters, though the cat angle is a little silly. This series reminds me a lot of Annette Blair's Vintage Magic series, but not nearly as good.

The endless fashion descriptions get old fast. And I have to mark it down a star, just because of the love triangle trope. When are editors and writers going to figure out that readers are over this forced stupidity?? We want strong female characters, not someone who can't make up her mind which man she wants. And why are two men stupid enough to let her keep waffling? It's a cheap plot device and I despise it.

Sadly, I think this will be the last book I read in this series because I just can't get past the love triangle and it shows no signs of letting up any time soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment