Saturday, January 7, 2017

Time Out, by Suzanne Trauth

Time Out (A Dodie O'Dell Mystery)Time Out by Suzanne M. Trauth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 2 in the series.

I like Dodie, and the way the restaurant she runs does a "dinner and a show" along with the local theater group. But I felt a little disappointed in this book. Dodie's "love interest," police chief Bill, is busy with a rash of burglaries, and doesn't seem too interested in a suspicious death (?! I would have thought a death would take priority, but what do I know?) or Dodie, for that matter.

All in all, I enjoyed this book, but felt there was a bit more filler than needed, which made the story drag a little at times. I still like the quirky characters and look forward to the next book in the series.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment