Monday, January 23, 2017

A Measure of Murder, by Leslie Karst

A Measure of Murder: A Sally Solari MysteryA Measure of Murder: A Sally Solari Mystery by Leslie Karst
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book 2 in the series.

I liked it. But there are a few things that still annoy me. I've worked in restaurants and I know the profit margin is slim to none. Most restaurant owners I know work loooong days, every day, working the front of the house, in the kitchen, doing paperwork, where ever they are needed, because payroll is tight. Yet Sally can manage TWO restaurants, go on bike rides, sing with a chorus and investigate a murder, all without passing out from exhaustion.

But I guess the average reader doesn't have that background. Once I managed to suspend my disbelief about that, the story line was interesting and fun. I like Sally, I like the other primary characters, and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book, provided by the publisher via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment