Sunday, January 22, 2017

Some Kind of Magic, by Mary Ann Marlowe

Some Kind of MagicSome Kind of Magic by Mary Ann Marlowe
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Not very magical. After reading the book blurb and seeing all the 4 and 5 star reviews, all I can say is, I was really disappointed in this book.

It's a typical formulaic romance, but from the blurb and title I thought it would have a bit of a twist. All it really had was pure silliness. Low self esteem wanna be musician girl meets famous musician guy but has no idea who he is. Then she finds out and of course the guy couldn't possibly want to be with a girl like her if it wasn't for the crazy perfume she's wearing. Misunderstandings occur, couple splits, each is miserable without the other, blah, blah, blah. They get back together and have their HEA.

All in all, it's a fast read with some funny bits, but pretty predictable and formulaic.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment