Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Murder Wears White, by Stephanie Blackmoore

Murder Wears White (Wedding Planner Mystery #2)Murder Wears White by Stephanie Blackmoore
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 2 in the series.

What I did like: Mallory's family and the way they all worked together. I love the location and the concept.

What I didn't like: Too much going on! Instead of a relaxing read, I felt like I was running to catch up all the time. And some of it just felt forced. "Ooo, we have a ghost. Call in a paranormal team!" Because it's not just vandalism?? (By the way, vandalism that nearly kills someone is NOT a prank...) My mind would have gone straight to, "How is someone getting into my building?" not "It's a GHOST!" and I love ghost stories, but this was just too silly.

All in all, the things I liked are enough to get me to read the next in the series. It just needs a bit of tightening up, rather than running in every direction.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment