Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Darkness Absolute, by Kelley Armstrong

A Darkness Absolute (Casey Duncan, #2)A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I REALLY liked it.

Book 2. I hadn't read the first book, and I knew I was missing some backstory, but it was still a completely satisfying read.

This book was a lot more thriller/mystery than I usually read, but I love Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series, so I thought I would give it a try.

It sucked me in! From the moment Casey got stranded in a freak snowstorm, I was hooked. Every little bit that unfurled after that just made me NEED to know more, RIGHT NOW! So I kept reading and stayed up far too late to finish it.

A Darkness Absolute is creepy, enthralling and fast paced. Unlike Ms. Armstrong's Otherworld series, there's no supernatural element to this book, but everyone in Rockton is still somewhat "other" in that they all have secrets, some of which are downright dangerous. And yet the main characters at least are very likeable, flawed, humans trying to make a life off the grid.

As a result of reading this book, I immediately read The Lost City as well, just to fill in the background (It was excellent as well!). Now I will wait, rather impatiently, for the next book in the series!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book received from the publisher, via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment