Thursday, February 9, 2017

Fatality by Firelight, Lynn Cahoon

Fatality by Firelight (Cat Latimer Mystery #2)Fatality by Firelight by Lynn Cahoon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 2 in the series.

I am enjoying this series. The Colorado setting, the writer's retreats, the main mystery, I loved it. The writing is tight, the characters are well developed and mostly likeable.

What I am not loving is the secondary plot-line that is dragging on and dragging more people in. I am not a fan of "To Be Continued" in anything. In the first book, it was a bit more subtle. With book 2, it's as much a part of the book as the current murder and I am not liking that so much. I would really like to see it given its own book and wrapped up so Cat can move on.

As a result, I just can't give this book more than a 3 star rating. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I am still looking forward to reading book 3 in the series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book received from the publisher, via NetGalley*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment