Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Kneaded to Death, by Winnie Archer

Kneaded to Death (A Bread Shop Mystery #1)Kneaded to Death by Winnie Archer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Winnie Archer is a pseudonym for Melissa Bourbon. I love her Magical Dressmaking series, so I wanted to love this new series. Unfortunately, I had a hard time liking Ivy. She came off as whiny and immature. There were moments where I felt like she was in high school, and she's supposed to be 31.

As a result, this book just didn't keep my attention for long, I kept putting it down and picking up something else to read. I did finally slog through it, and the ending was satisfying, even if the road there was a little too long and curvy.

I am hoping that now that the mystery of Ivy's mom's death is solved, Ivy and company can move on and develop in to more likeable characters in book 2.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment