Monday, July 24, 2017

Cat About Town, by Cate Conte

Cat About Town (Cat Cafe Mystery #1)Cat About Town by Cate Conte

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 1 in the series.

When the most likeable character in the book is a cat, there's a problem. The only thing I really liked about the main character, Maddie, is her love for cats and taking JJ in.

And I felt a bit cheated, since the blurb said, "When a stray orange tabby pounces into her life, she’s inspired to open a cat cafĂ©." No, she wasn't. She came home to bury her grandma and check up on her grandfather, she has a juice bar in California. The stray cat prompted her to make friends and take him home with her, that's all. The cat cafe idea didn't really come into play until the very end of the book. (view spoiler)

And don't get me started on the stupid love triangle. That's just destined to ruin a story faster than you can say, "annoying."

I won't be anticipating book 2, though it might go on my library list, just to see how the cafe develops.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment