Monday, July 31, 2017

Urban Enemies

Urban EnemiesUrban Enemies edited by Joseph Nassise

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I saw this book on NetGalley and eagerly requested it, since I like a lot of the authors with stories in it.

I admit to being somewhat disappointed. As others have said, the Butcher story is not new. I'd read it in another anthology, though I did like it. And while I normally love everything from Seanan McGuire, this story from the POV of a cuckoo just wasn't what I was hoping for. I'd rather have seen a story from the POV of the Covenant, but that's just me.

All in all, they were good stories, and it was interesting to see things from the other side, but I still prefer the main characters I know and love. I did get a few new to me authors to look into, and that's always great.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment