Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Best of Subterranean

The Best of SubterraneanThe Best of Subterranean by William Schafer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

I like to read anthologies, because I always find new authors to try. But like most anthologies, not every story appealed to me. Some were excellent, and I will be searching out work by the author. Some, not so much.

But if you enjoy sci-fi/fantasy, you will find something in here for you. The stories are diverse, from horror to urban fantasy. Find what appeals to you and read it! As a result, some stories hit, some missed.

Almost all of these authors were new to me, with Kelley Armstrong being the only one I had read anything (everything!) by. Yes, that also means I am one of the few folks on the planet who has not read or watched Game of Thrones. I stick pretty much to urban fantasy, so some of these stories were certainly out of my comfort zone. But that's a good thing. Now I have more authors to look for and a wider range to read!

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment