Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Dead on the Bayou, by June Shaw

Dead on the Bayou (A Twin Sisters Mystery)Dead on the Bayou by June Shaw

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was just okay.

Book 2 in the series.

This was an okay story. I haven't read the previous book, and at times I felt like I was a bit lost.

My main problems came with the main characters. I had a hard time liking them. And the new spin on the love triangle (two sisters, one man) just annoyed me to no end. Sunny is determined that he has feelings for her, Eve thinks he's her soulmate and neither one seems to give a thought to the other's feelings, nor does it seem to bother them that he's playing them both. I just can't get past that. As a result, I kept putting my Kindle down and reading other things.

The mystery itself was decent, but lost in the relationship mess.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment