Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Assaulted Caramel, by Amanda Flowers

Assaulted Caramel (Amish Candy Shop Mystery, #1)Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it well enough.

I truly do enjoy Amanda Flower's writing and did enjoy the mystery. The main characters are all likeable, and I found myself with watering eyes at the end.

But the cynical side of me sees a lot of authors writing "Amish fiction," using that as a selling point, but never actually scratching the surface of the culture. This book barely touched on the Amish life, other than the things that most people already know, like the fact that most Amish don't use electricity.

The other thing that is starting to bug me about cozies in general is the depiction of law enforcement. They're either hot and a potential love interest, bumbling, or have an axe to grind.

That said, I am looking forward to reading book 2 in the series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment