Friday, September 8, 2017

Spirits of the Cage. by Richard Estep and Vanessa Mitchell

Spirits of the Cage: True Accounts of Living in a Haunted Medieval PrisonSpirits of the Cage: True Accounts of Living in a Haunted Medieval Prison by Richard Estep

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

I admit to being fascinated by ghosts. I watch all the shows, read all the books, etc. I always take everything with a dose of healthy skepticism, and just want to be entertained and a little spooked.

I have read all of Mr. Estep's books on the paranormal. He's a local guy, living along the Colorado Front Range like me, which adds to the draw. It was in fact, his book on local hauntings in Longmont, CO that first caught my attention.

I'd heard of The Cage and seen it appear in a few of the ghost shows and wondered about the woman who had tried to make it her home, but TV only has so much time, so details were few. When I saw this book available on NetGalley, I jumped at it so I could learn more about the site and the people involved.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book gives the owner's history and viewpoint as she explains how she came to own The Cage and her experiences there. Meanwhile, Mr. Estep gives the viewpoint of his paranormal team as they investigate The Cage for a week.

I got goosebumps reading of all their experiences and consider it a story well told by the authors as a result.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment