Monday, December 11, 2017

Many a Twist, by Sheila Connolly

Many a Twist (County Cork #6)Many a Twist by Sheila Connolly

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book 6 in the series.

This is fast becoming my favorite series from Sheila Connolly. I love Maura and (most of) the pub crew. This book gets in to Maura's personal life pretty heavily, from introducing her long lost mother to her relationship with Mick. Maura and Mick both open up in this book, and as a result, see some pretty significant and well-deserved character growth. The mystery is interesting, but personal relationships really take center stage in this book. Maura also finally seems to make up her mind once and for all that she's staying in Ireland.

The other characters in this series really help make it the fun series it is. I love Billy, with all his knowledge of the area and the people in it. I am still waiting for Rose to get more time. I was kind of disappointed that Maura never followed through on an idea from the previous book concerning Rose.

All in all, this was a great step forward in the series, with an interesting mystery and a nice fast, read.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment