Friday, February 16, 2018

Pressing the Issue, by Darryl Wood Gerber

Pressing the Issue (Cookbook Nook Mystery, #6)Pressing the Issue by Daryl Wood Gerber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I quite liked it.

Book 6 in the series.

I was thrilled to see a new book in this series, it's always fun to visit Jenna and Aunt Vera, as well as the town Crystal Cove, to see what event they're cooking up next. This time around it's a Renaissance Fair, complete with copious amounts of "Ren speak." I will admit that personally, I don't see the appeal, I know too much about how things actually worked in that time period to allow myself to fall into the romanticized version, haha.

However, the plot was solid, and I liked the characters enough to ignore the setting and just enjoy the folks of Crystal Cove and the solid writing.

This was a quick read for me, and had some nice twists and turns to keep me entertained and guessing for a while.

I can't wait for more Crystal Cove craziness.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the author.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment