Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Runaway Murder, by Leigh Hearon

Runaway Murder (A Carson Stables Mystery #4)Runaway Murder by Leigh Hearon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 4 in the series.

This was not my favorite book in the series. Annie actually got on my nerves this time. I understand that she'd been on her own for a long time and was used to having to do everything herself, but she actually has help now. Help that she's paying to do the work, so when she got all snotty about having too much work to do to go on a working holiday, I got annoyed.

And her snobby attitude about dressage was obnoxious, especially since by the end of the book her attitude had done a complete 180.

That said, the mystery was interesting. This book was actually a bit more "cozy" than previous books, and I enjoyed learning a bit about dressage. For the most part, I still enjoyed this book, even if Annie's behavior did pull me out of the story on occasion.

*I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment