Monday, July 2, 2018

Killer Green Tomatoes, by Lynn Cahoon

Killer Green Tomatoes (Farm-to-Fork Mystery #2)Killer Green Tomatoes by Lynn Cahoon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 2 in the series.

I thought I had read everything by this author, but somehow the first book in this series slipped past me. But I honestly didn't realize that until I came to write this review. This book felt like it could have been the first. The characters still felt a bit flat to me, which was a surprise, because I like Ms. Cahoon's other two cozy series quite a lot.

I had a very hard time getting in to this book. It started off pretty slow, with only a brief glimpse of the farm-to-table restaurant the series is named for. After that we get a lot about the main character's personal life and, "is she cheating on her boyfriend with her sous chef?" speculation from small town busy-bodies.

In the end, the mystery surprised me a bit, so it ended up with an okay rating, but I don't feel like it's up to par yet with the other books by this author and I don't really have much incentive to go back and read the first book.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment