Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Spook in the Stacks, by Eva Gates

The Spook in the Stacks (Lighthouse Library Mystery #4)The Spook in the Stacks by Eva Gates
My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 4 in the series.

I loved this series, and I was really sad when it was canceled in the Berkley Purge. I was thrilled to see the series picked up by Crooked Lane, and even more thrilled to find it on NetGalley for review!

Lucy and friends are as fun as always, the mystery was interesting and kept me guessing. Lucy hating Halloween was disappointing to me personally since in my opinion, it's the best holiday, haha. And I really dislike Louise Jane. To the point where she's become a major distraction from the story. There's not one single thing I can find to like about her, she's just flat out nasty. It'd be one thing if she were a minor player, but she's not.

Still, I will continue to read the series and hope that Louise Jane falls down a well. I am looking forward to more of the Lighthouse Library mysteries.

*I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment