Saturday, January 5, 2019

A Literal Mess, by J.C. Kenney

A Literal Mess (Allie Cobb Mystery #1)A Literal Mess by J.C. Kenney

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book one in a new series.

This was a nice, quick read. Readers are introduced to Allie Cobb and her family, along with her best friend, Sloan, as Allie goes home for her father's funeral and to clear up loose ends in his literary agency.

The book, like most first in a series books, spends a lot of time building relationships and characterization and not so much on the murder mystery. The mystery was fairly easy to figure out. The writing was solid though, and I really like Allie and her family.

I am looking forward to book two.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment