Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Whispered Word, by Ellery Adams

The Whispered Word (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #2)The Whispered Word by Ellery Adams

My rating: 5 of 5 stars, it was fantastic!

Book 2 in the series.

I LOVE this series and this book was possibly even better than the first one. It's got just enough different going on from other cozy mysteries to make it stand out. The main characters, bookstore owner Nora and her friends, are well fleshed out and interesting. They each have secrets and emotions and aren't always likable or smart because of that, just like real people.

I read this with a friend and co-worker that I introduced to the first book in the series, and we both spent all our breaks reading, and maybe even accidentally extended our breaks as a result, not wanting to put it down.

I am very much looking forward to the next book in the series!

*I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by the author.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment