Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Trouble on the Books, by Essie Lang

Trouble on the Books (Castle Bookshop Mystery #1)Trouble on the Books by Essie Lang

Book one in a new series.

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was just okay.

I really wanted to love this book. A bookstore, in a castle? Sounds perfect, right?

But I found myself losing interest in it, it was so slow. It starts off with a murder pretty much right away, so I thought it would be fast paced. It dragged. And I really had a hard time connecting with Shelby, though I don't know quite why. It's also pretty laughable that people in a small town would tell a newcomer like Shelby anything more than they would tell the actual people in charge of the investigation.

I'd be interested in giving book 2 a chance, but it certainly goes on my library list.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment