Saturday, April 20, 2019

Murder in the Reading Room, by Ellery Adams

Murder in the Reading Room (Book Retreat Mysteries #5)Murder in the Reading Room by Ellery Adams

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 5 in the series.

I love the premise behind the series, turning an old country pile in to a book retreat. But the whole Guardian of a secret library full of unknown treasures complete with a group of bodyguards and spy gadgets galore has had me rolling my eyes all along. Throw in a group of rogue Templars willing to kidnap and kill to get their hands on their treasures and it just got to be too out there for me in the previous book. Now in this book the author adds in Jane's supposed dead husband (who has amnesia, of course!) and I almost stopped reading.

However, the characters are all mostly likable, and I still love the setting of Storyton Hall. And the ending may have saved the series for me. So while the series certainly stays on my library / NetGalley only list, I will read the next in the series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment