Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Sifting Through Clues, by Daryl Wood Gerber

Sifting Through Clues (A Cookbook Nook Mystery 8)Sifting Through Clues by Daryl Wood Gerber

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 8 in the series.

I love this series, but this wasn't my favorite. I had a hard time getting into it, and kept putting it down in favor of other books. I did finally finish it, and ultimately I liked it. The plotting is strong as usual. I have to admit, I have never really been a fan of Pepper, so maybe that's why I just couldn't really commit to this book.

And there's also this little niggling hint of reality growing in my mind that the Book Nook in real life would never be capable of supporting so many owners. That seems to be interfering a bit with my enjoyment as well. But that's purely a "me" problem, cozy mysteries are never meant to be realistic, after all.

All in all, it's a good entry in the series, maybe a bit slow to start.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment