Saturday, June 22, 2019

Manor of Dying, by Kathleen Bridge

Manor of Dying (A Hamptons Home & Garden Mystery, #4)Manor of Dying by Kathleen Bridge

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book 4 in the series.

This is another series that was saved from the Berkley purge by a new publisher. It's good to see some of these series that I thought were dead coming back.

This is actually probably my favorite so far in the series. I loved the setting, the spooky old sanitarium on an island in the middle of a snow storm. And I really love Meg. The fact that she's hard of hearing makes her all the more real to me.

The only thing that keeps this book from being perfect is the love interest. Or should I say love interests? I don't like Cole, the constantly gone boyfriend, who obviously cares more for sailing then Meg, but I really dislike the hinted at love triangle. That needs to be resolved one way or another (Although I admit, I favor Patrick over Cole). Either way, the dreaded love triangle trope results in an automatic 1 star downrate from me.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment