Sunday, August 11, 2019

Desolate Shores, by Daryl Wood Gerber

Desolate Shores (An Aspen Adams Novel of Suspense Book 1)Desolate Shores by Daryl Wood Gerber

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book one in a new, non-cozy, series.

I love most of Daryl Wood Gerber's books, so I thought I would give this one a try. It's a good start. The plot was tight and kept me interested, in fact, I really didn't want to put it down.

This book is a little more intense than a cozy, but I didn't find it too much so. Really, it just seemed to have a fast paced plot that kind of kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what would happen next.

My only complaint is the mystery within the mystery, of Aspen's parents' murders. I am sure that will continue to pop up until eventually it becomes the focus. But for now it's mostly tucked into the background, so it wasn't too distracting.

I am looking forward to reading more of this series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment