Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Pride, Prejudice and Poison, by Elizabeth Blake

Pride, Prejudice and Poison (A Jane Austen Society Mystery, #1)Pride, Prejudice and Poison by Elizabeth Blake

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

First in a new series, it was okay.

This started off kind of slow, which is sort of the be expected in the first of a series, as the author introduces all the main characters, but even expecting it a bit, I struggled to stay interested. Eventually things picked up and I started to get in to the story. There does need to be some better character development, as they all felt a bit one dimensional and only there to fill a certain type. Erin especially seems a bit dull.

And after a bit all the Austen quotes got old. Yes, it's the Jane Austen Society, but it started to feel slightly obsessive and annoying.

Also, after the slow build up, the end seemed a bit rushed.

All in all, I find the idea of the series interesting and I am willing to give the author some time to settle in, and hopefully flesh her characters out a bit more.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment