Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Cup of Holiday Fear, by Ellie Alexander

A Cup of Holiday Fear (A Bakeshop Mystery, #10)A Cup of Holiday Fear by Ellie Alexander

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it, mostly.

Book 10 in the series.

It's always nice to visit Ashland and Torte Bakery. Jules and the bakery gang are fun and likable. There seems to be more Christmas cheer than mystery in this book, with the murder occurring in between holiday happenings. Even with that, it still started off as one of the better books in the series, but kind of lost steam towards the end.

My biggest complaint about the series is the Jules/Carlos drama. I'd like to see that settled once and for all. As a result of the long, drawn out, relationship angst, I really can't give it more than 3 stars.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment