Monday, August 9, 2021

Cajun Kiss of Death, by Ellen Byron

Cajun Kiss of Death (Cajun Country Mystery #7)

Cajun Kiss of Death by Ellen Byron 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, it was an okay read, with a nice wrap up to the series.

Book 7 and the last of the series. As the last in the series, it's not a great starting point for new readers.

I didn't go into this book knowing it was the last one, but as I read I very much got the idea that it was the end of the road for the series. The author was tying everything up. The mystery actually felt like it was taking a back seat to all of the wrapping up.

As a series long reader, I am glad to see it, and the big occasion that the books have been leading towards, but I'd have liked a stronger mystery. The dead man wasn't very likeable, and I didn't much care who offed him.

I'm sad to see this end though, I very much enjoyed my visits to Cajun Country and Crozat, along with Maggie's slightly crazy family.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment