Thursday, September 22, 2022

Murder in a Cape Cottage, by Maddie Day

Murder in a Cape Cottage (A Cozy Capers Book Group Mystery #4)

Murder in a Cape Cottage by Maddie Day, I liked it.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book 4 in the series.

I didn't realize this series was this far along. The first couple of books were released exclusively through Barnes and Noble originally and I rarely go there, so I missed them. Despite being a stand alone story, I felt like I was missing character backstory. I will most likely go read the others in the series before I read any new books in it.

That said, this book was very cozy. As in, the mystery felt very light and not at all what I am used to from Maddie Day.

So, what I liked: The setting of a small, fictional Cape Code town. The historical murder mystery was also fun. The main characters were well written.

Overall, I just think this wasn't the place for me to start the series. I'll give the previous books a try.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment