Sunday, October 9, 2022

Canter With a Killer, by Amber Camp

Canter With a Killer (A Horse Rescue Mystery, #1)

Canter With a Killer by Amber Camp 

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was just okay.

Book one in a new series.

As a life-long Horse Girl, I saw this book on NetGalley and immediately requested it.

Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my hopes for the series. The idea behind it, of giving up your grind of a job and bad marriage to start an animal rescue, is a good one, but Mallory kind of annoyed me. She came off as naive and way too trusting of a handsome face. First rule of any murder mystery should be don't trust anyone, followed by don't immediately start dating a family member of the victim, duh.

I'm willing to give book two a try, but it's definitely on my library list and not on my "purchase" list.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book, provided by the publishers, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment